Saturday, March 15, 2014

Secret Celebration of Pi Day

 I wanted to be fun and do some nails for Pi Day yesterday, but I was also planning on going out later that night and wanted something that was more uniform. I figured the only solution was to make the pi connection more subtle. I decided to incorporate implied circles by doing half moons, then I wrote in the beginning of pi across my tips! I then overdid it with some rhinestones, but it's been a while since I've used shiny 3D effects.
 I started with two coats of OPI Alpine Snow. Next, I blocked off the base of each nail and painted the remainder with Icing Daisy Dukes, which is an amazing denim polish. Next, I used the coppery Revlon Autumn Spice across my tips. I love the color combination of coppers and dark blues.
 I then used a toothpick and some SpaRitual Copper to write in the beginning digits of Pi. I'm glad it turned out semi-legible! I followed that by drawing in the pi symbol in China Glaze Blue Bells Ring and OPI Push and Shove. I wish I hadn't been in such a rush and some of the pi symbols had shown up better, but oh well.
Colors Used:
OPI Alpine Snow
Icing Daisy Dukes
Revlon Autumn Spice
SpaRitual Copper
China Glaze Blue Bells Ring 
OPI Push and Shove

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...