Thursday, March 6, 2014

Celestial

 I'm on a roll with my nails this month! I decided to match yet another of my scrub tops this week. This time I chose a neat sun and moon pattern. I think I managed to pull it off pretty closely!
 I started with a base of Sinful Colors New Wave. I love this polish, it's just the perfect dusty navy blue. I'm going to be so sad when I use this bottle dry! Next, I blocked in the rough shapes of suns and moons with Sephora by OPI Natural Beauty. It's a nice honey-tan color that's thick enough to not need five coats for opacity. On top of that I added a splash of Sinful Colors Unicorn to brighten the shapes.
 I then took a small brush and the smallest touch of acetone-thinned Sinful Colors Coffee to start shading.  I focused on areas around where I planned to put eyes and other features, and also added a few details to the 'regular' moons while I was at it.

The features were drawn in with a little marker. For being a simple journaling pen, it's been really good about not bleeding or smearing.
 To make the clouds, I used a makeup sponge held with tweezers to first dab in OPI Alpine Snow, followed by Revlon First Class for the royal blue shading. The colors matched pretty closely when I compared it to the scrub top!
Colors Used:
Sinful Colors New Wave
Sephora by OPI Natural Beauty
Sinful Colors Unicorn
Sinful Colors Coffee
OPI Alpine Snow
Revlon First Class

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...