Friday, March 14, 2014

Stripes and Spots and Sparkles!

 I picked up some of the new Milani glitters, and was really eager to play with them! So this was something fun and quick I put together to experiment. Had to try to catch that lovely holo sparkle in multiple types of lighting (and of course I missed out on daylight photos...)
 For my thumb, index, and pinkie fingers I put down two coats of Sally Hansen Nightwatch. Of course, it looks black in these photos, but it's a really deep navy in person. I then added two coats of Milani Sugar Coated. I love this glitter! Then again, I love most any matte glitter. This one is a mix of multiple sizes of smaller hex glitter, some itsy bitsy bars, and of course a generous scattering of intense holo glitter.
 For my middle and ring finger, I chose to use Sephora by OPI It's Totally Karma, which isn't too far off in color from the glitter. I then used striping tape to make a barred design, and filled it with more Nightwatch. To match the holo effect on the other nails, I added a touch of China Glaze Fairy Dust. The holo specks are a little smaller, but the idea is there.

Sadly, I did this too close to when I had to leave for work, so the polish hadn't set completely and I had some warping of the lines near my tips. Oh well, it didn't turn out too badly!
Colors Used:
Sally Hansen Nightwatch
 Milani Sugar Coated
  Sephora by OPI It's Totally Karma
China Glaze Fairy Dust

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...