Saturday, March 1, 2014

Pokemon: Grass Starters

 I was at a loss for what to do for my nails today when Garnet (of The Nail Rainbow) challenged me to do Pokemon! Specifically, starter pokemon. I decided to start with grass pokemon! Maybe I'll make this a series and do the others as well. I had a little challenge with composition, as I had to fit six critters on five nails. So there are two squeezed on my thumb. At least my nails have grown out to the point that none felt squished!
 I started with a base of OPI Thanks a Windmillion. I then sponged on a small amount of Sinful Colors Song of Summer, a lighter green. The sponge effect....doesn't really show up in the matted nails. Oh well! Once that was dry, I started with my thumb. I used a fine tip marker to sketch Bulbasaur and Chikorita on my thumb.

 I colored Bulbasaur with Sally Hansen Dive In (body), Sinful Colors Strapped (shading), Sinful Colors Hey You (Bulb), Sephora by OPI Dark Room (spots), Sephora by OPI Call Your Mother (mouth), OPI Alpine Snow (Eyes and highlights), and Sephora by OPI High Maintenance (Eyes).

Chikorita was done with Sinful Colors Song of Summer (body), Sinful Colors Hey You (Shading, spots), OPI Alpine Snow (eyes), Wet n Wild Black Creme (Eyes), and Sephora by OPI High Maintenance (Eyes). 
 For my index finger I sketched out Treeko. His body was colored with Sinful Colors Hey You (Body), Sinful Colors Garden Party (shading), SpaRitual Enlightened Soul (eye), Wet n Wild Black Creme (Pupil), Sephora by OPI Call Your Mother (Belly), and Sephora by OPI Dark Room (Tails).

My ring finger has Turtwig. Colors used on him include Sinful Colors Song of Summer (body), SpaRitual Enlightened Soul (Eye and chin), Sinful Colors Coffee (head..plant and shell), Ciaté Ditch the Heels (Leaves), Spoiled Only in Creams (Shell), Sinful Colors Garden Party (Shading), Wet n Wild Black Creme (Pupils), OPI Alpine Snow (Highlights).

Snivy got to be on my ring finger. He was colored with Sinful Colors Hey You (body), Sinful Colors Garden Party (Shading), OPI Alpine Snow (Belly and highlights), Spoiled Only in Creams (shading on belly), SpaRitual Enlightened Soul (eyelid and collar), Sephora by OPI Call Your Mother (Eye)

Lastly, for Chespin, I used Sinful Colors Hey You (head), Spoiled Only In Creams (Belly), Sinful Colors Coffee (arms and face markings), OPI Alpine Snow (highlight, teeth, toes), Sephora by OPI Call Your Mother (mouth, nose).

Whew! I then went over the outlines one last time with black marker to make them look a little sharper and cover up any stray sketch lines. And of course I mattified the works to make the details show up in photos. Woo!

Colors Used:
OPI Thanks a Windmillion
Sinful Colors Song of Summer
Sally Hansen Dive In
Sinful Colors Strapped
Sinful Colors Hey You  
Sephora by OPI Dark Room
Sephora by OPI Call Your Mother
 OPI Alpine Snow
 Sephora by OPI High Maintenance
Wet n Wild Black Creme
Sinful Colors Garden Party 
SpaRitual Enlightened Soul
Sinful Colors Coffee
Ciaté Ditch the Heels
Spoiled Only in Creams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...