Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Mardi Gras!

So pretty much all I know about Mardi Gras is that it involves a purple/gold/green color scheme, beads, and awesome masks. Figured that was enough for me to have fun with some nails!
 I started with a base of Sally Hansen Go Gold, which is a shiny satin champagne color. I wanted something shiny enough to be flashy yet neutral enough to show off contrast with the other bright colors.

For the mask on my ring finger, I decided to take a chance and go for a 3/4 view instead of straight on. I colored the bottom half of the face with OPI Alpine Snow. The eye mask portion was done with Revlon Beachy. I then shaded the white section with a combination of Sinful Colors Cool Grey and a touch of Spoiled Only In Creams as I wanted a slightly warmer tone. Darker details and outer blocking was done in Wet n Wild Black Creme. I shaded the eye mask bit with some Sinful Colors Coffee. A few highlights on the mask as well as some hat detailing were done with ORLY Voyeuristic Adventure, which is a lighter gold metallic. Lastly, the hat was added with panels of Rimmel Baby Bellini and Sinful Colors San Francisco. Some of the shape of the green hat tassels stretched onto my middle and pinkie nails, because it's fun to do that.
 On my thumb, I started out with the shape of the eye mask in Revlon Plum Night. I then added details in pretty much every color already used on my ring nail until it looked sufficiently fancy. I used a small dotting tool to add 'beads' of purple, green, and gold across my tips. For some extra sparkle, I placed green and purple craft glitter triangles on the 'less exciting' nails.
Colors Used:
Sally Hansen Go Gold
OPI Alpine Snow
Sinful Colors Cool Grey
 Spoiled Only In Creams
Wet n Wild Black Creme
Sinful Colors Coffee
ORLY Voyeuristic Adventure
Rimmel Baby Bellini
Sinful Colors San Francisco
Revlon Plum Night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...