Monday, March 31, 2014

Butterfly Fairy

 I had so much fun with this one! I had the idea of painting a fairy with some butterflies, and spent some time sketching concepts. This ended up being the one I liked the most, and I think it turned out really nicely!
 The base color is ORLY In the Navy, with a touch of Revlon Dreamer (a light blue) sponged over the top. Next, I pulled out my acrylic craft paint in white and 'golden brown'. I lightly roughed in the fairy on my ring nail with white craft paint first, then mixed a light skin tone color and gave her a little more detail. I then roughed out the shape of her wing on my middle finger first in craft paint, then filled it with foil glue. Then, I used some transfer foil to make it super sparkly blue!
 The remaining butterflies I painted with ORLY Sweet Peacock (blue) and ORLY What's The Password (orange). I added orange and blue details to the fairy's dress as well. Next, black details were added with a 0.25mm Micron pen, because cheating is fun! I used white acrylic paint for the white dotted details.
 Lastly, it's not all too apparent in these photos, but I added China Glaze Fairy Dust to the background on each nail for a little more sparkly holographic goodness. Lightly dotted throughout is also Sephora by OPI Meet Me At the Disco, which is also a holographic glitter in a slightly larger size.
Colors Used:
ORLY In the Navy
Revlon Dreamer
ORLY Sweet Peacock
ORLY What's The Password?
China Glaze Fairy Dust
Sephora by OPI Meet Me At the Disco
Acrylic paint: White and Light Brown
Black Micron Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...