Monday, March 17, 2014

Luck o' the Irish!

 Even though I've been trying out green nails for most of the week, I had to do something special for St. Patrick's Day. For this I drew inspiration from this image and knew I wanted something fluid and covered in shamrocks. Of course, I also had to add in a rainbow, because rainbows are so fun!
 I abused a long striper brush for a good portion of this design. But it turned out well, in my opinion! I started with two good coats of OPI Alpine Snow. Next, I used my striper brush and Sephora by OPI Dark Room to start drawing in some swooshy lines. Dark Room is a nice deep green that was thin enough to work perfectly for swooshies. After that, I used China Glaze Gaga for Green to develop the flowing lines more. Once I was satisfied with everything, I started adding the clover.

Using a toothpick, I scattered various sizes of three- and four-leaf clover across each nail. These were done in Sephora by OPI Dark Room, Sinful Colors Exotic Green, and Sinful Colors High Strung.
 I do rather like the viney green on white on its own, but I wanted to add that rainbow to at least my left hand. I used my striper brush again, and proceeded to build the rainbow using very thin lines of the following, from red to purple: Nicole by OPI Kourt is Red-i for a Pedi, Wet n Wild Sunny Side Up, SpaRitual Enlightened Soul, China Glaze I'm With the Lifeguard, Sinful Colors Jolt, and SpaRitual Shoot for the Stars.

On my thumb, the rainbow ends in a pot of gold created with Wet n Wild Black Creme and L'Oreal Because You're Worth It.


 Colors Used:
OPI Alpine Snow
 Sephora by OPI Dark Room
 China Glaze Gaga for Green
 Sinful Colors Exotic Green
 Sinful Colors High Strung
  Nicole by OPI Kourt is Red-i for a Pedi
Wet n Wild Sunny Side Up
 SpaRitual Enlightened Soul
 China Glaze I'm With the Lifeguard
 Sinful Colors Jolt
SpaRitual Shoot for the Stars
Wet n Wild Black Creme
 L'Oreal Because You're Worth It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...