Thursday, March 13, 2014

Peacock

 This one was so hard to photograph! Some of these pictures are matted to reduce the glare, but I included pre-matte photos as well as I love both versions. I was challenged to do peacock nails! I decided to do a peacock half-raising his tail, as that gave me room to do both his head and neck as well as getting some tail feathers in.
 I decided to make the base a shimmery gold-bronze. I started with two coats of Sephora by OPI I Only Shop Vintage, which is still one of my favorite neutrals. To give it more depth, I sponged on a bit of SpaRitual Running With Wolves(dark copper)  and ORLY Voyeuristic Adventure (cool gold).

Next, I blocked in the general shape of the peacock with Sally Hansen Nightwatch, a deep navy. His beak and eye markings were done with Wet n Wild French White Creme. Feather highlights were added with ORLY Sweet Peacock, because it's beautiful AND using it for its name amused me. Next, the brown shoulder details were added with bits of Sinful Colors Coffee and L'Oreal Créme Puffs.
 I then started on the feathers. The general shape was started first in China Glaze Gaga for Green, then brightened with some neon China Glaze I'm With the Lifeguard. Next, I added an oval of Color Club Blue-ming to every feather, which is a bright seafoam teal. Within that I added a bit of Sinful Colors Anchors Away, followed by a dot of ORLY Sweet Peacock. When size would allow it, I put in the final darkest dot with ORLY Opposites Attract.

The matte topcoat I used for this was OPI Matte Topcoat, which is amazing! <3 br="">
Colors Used:
Sephora by OPI I Only Shop Vintage
SpaRitual Running With Wolves
 ORLY Voyeuristic Adventure
Sally Hansen Nightwatch
 Wet n Wild French White Creme
ORLY Sweet Peacock
Sinful Colors Coffee
 L'Oreal Créme Puffs
 China Glaze Gaga for Green
China Glaze I'm With the Lifeguard
Color Club Blue-ming
Sinful Colors Anchors Away
ORLY Opposites Attract

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...