Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Floral Paisley

 I'm catching up on my backlog! These nails were done for NPQ's Hippie Challenge and they were so fun to both paint and wear! I rarely wear yellow polish but this actually worked out well.
 To start I used Butter London Jasper, which is one of my favorite yellows. It's nice to find a yellow that applies so well and needs less than three coats. Once that was dry, I used nail guides to block off a half moon at the base of each nail and filled that with OPI A-Taupe the Space Needle. I decided on the moons to give some contrast to the pattern.
 The flowers were added with a small dotting tool.  I used quite a few different colors:
Sinful Colors Southern Belle (Fuchsia), China Glaze Capacity to See Beyond (Aqua blue), OPI Call Me Gwen-ever (Orange), Sinful Colors Poudre (Light orange), and Seche Delicate (Pink). A little acrylic white paint was used for the centers of most flowers.

This pattern was much easier than it appears, it just required a bit of patience. The hardest part was trying to make sure I didn't repeat the same shapes in the same orientation!
Colors Used:
Butter London Jasper
OPI A-Taupe the Space Needle
 Sinful Colors Southern Belle
 China Glaze Capacity to See Beyond
OPI Call Me Gwen-ever
 Sinful Colors Poudre
Seche Delicate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...