Saturday, March 21, 2015

Saint Patrick's Day

 I almost posted this one on time, almost! These are of course my St. Patrick's Day nails, which I really had fun with! Can't go wrong with gradients, I love them so much!
 This began with a base of OPI Alpine Snow. Once that was completely dry, I added on some wavy nail tip guides. I liked the swooshy shape they had, and this let me keep a uniform wave to each nail. Next, I painted my tips in a light green, China Glaze Grass is Lime Greener. I'm so glad I snagged this color, it's so bright and spring-y! I then built a bold gradient using that, China Glaze Four Leaf Clover (because I just had to!), and OPI Christmas Gone Plaid. I used a makeup sponge to create the gradient, and then carefully applied that to each nail.
 After removing the nail guides, I blocked off the gradient in a gold border using Butter London Marbs. I just realized how few WARM golds I have, so I'm glad I snagged this one at TJ Maxx!

I then used a dotting tool and some white acrylic paint to add clover shapes within the green and across the border. Green clover then was added within the white space and layered over the border as well, using more China Glaze Four Leaf Clover. I really had fun with my green nails!
Colors Used:
OPI Alpine Snow
China Glaze Grass is Lime Greener
China Glaze Four Leaf Clover
OPI Christmas Gone Plaid
Butter London Marbs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...