Friday, March 13, 2015

Rainbow Wings

 Asked a friend for inspiration and she told me to try rainbow butterflies! This time around I decided to doodle them out and paint them by hand. I tried to make it look like an line of butterflies swirling out from my thumb, and just had fun painting!
 I really wanted these colorful butterflies to stand out, so I did them over a base of OPI Alpine Snow. After getting a general idea of where I wanted the butterflies, I painted in the gradients with a small brush. I didn't do the same style of gradient on each butterfly - some are horizontal gradients and others are radial gradients. They do all use the same colors, though!
Fuchsia: Revlon Raspberry Scone
Purple: Sephora by OPI Who's Spinning Tonight?
Blue: Color Club Chelsea Girl
Green: Essie The More the Merrier
Yellow: Morgan Taylor Doo Wop
Orange: ORLY Cheeky
Red: Essie Hip-anema
 After painting my butterfly gradients, I used a small micron pen to draw in the details on the wings. I then added small white acrylic paint dots to the edges of each wing. As a last touch, I used ORLY Mirror Mirror to add drop shadows to the butterflies.

 Colors Used:
OPI Alpine Snow
Revlon Raspberry Scone
Sephora by OPI Who's Spinning Tonight?
Color Club Chelsea Girl
Essie The More the Merrier
Morgan Taylor Doo Wop
ORLY Cheeky
Essie Hip-anema 
ORLY Mirror Mirror

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...