Saturday, March 7, 2015

Swirly Hearts

 This design was originally done for the week of Valentine's. I was in the mood for something a little more minimalistic (for me at least!) and so I decided to do hearts and swirls on a gradient.
 I started out with a base layer of OPI Alpine Snow, then used a makeup sponge to apply the gradient. The darker gray shade is China Glaze Out Like A Light, and the lighter is Sinful Colors Cool Gray. 
 The hearts I freehanded with China Glaze Tip Your Hat, a lovely bright red, shaded with some ORLY Ignite, another great red creme a few shades darker. I then outlined each with a thin brush and black acrylic paint and added some swirls. I know the swirls aren't the greatest - I need to practice some more! I then added some white highlights to each heart and helped define a few swirls so that they would stand out more against the gray.
Colors Used:
OPI Alpine Snow
China Glaze Out Like A Light
Sinful Colors Cool Gray
China Glaze Tip Your Hat
ORLY Ignite

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...