Monday, March 23, 2015

Flowers in Spring

I really should turn Random Number Generator Polish into a weekly thing. I use it to choose a polish out of my collection (I have everything listed in a spreadsheet) and then let that inspire a design.

 This time it picked out Milani Gold Leaf, which is a happy bright green with yellow shimmer. This is an older Milani polish (that I nabbed at the dollar store) and it is very very thin. I really didn't want to spend all night layering up the polish to opacity, so I did two coats over China Glaze Grass is Lime Greener. I love the effect! It really makes the light green creme glow.
 I then grabbed Pueen plate 55 and used a great leafy design and OPI Christmas Gone Plaid to add some dark green leaves. I liked the leafy look, but at the last minute I decided to add some flowers. I really need to try one stroke painting some more, it's fun! I used white and black acrylic paint to add some daisy-like flowers. With some yellow acrylic paint I added some tiny yellow dots to the center of each flower.
Colors Used:
Milani Gold Leaf
China Glaze Grass is Lime Greener
OPI Christmas Gone Plaid
Pueen 55

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...