Saturday, March 7, 2015

Sunset Timelapse

 I love gradients, and I love painting skies! That said, this didn't turn out as good as I hoped, but it's still fun. The idea I had was to paint a progressive time lapse of a sunset. Gotta love excuses to paint clouds and gradients!
 I laid down the base gradients as follows:
Thumb: Morgan Taylor Don't Touch Me I'm Radioactive to Julep Bess to Tea Beauty Mint Leaf
Index: Julep Bess to Tea Beauty Mint Leaf to ORLY Flawless Flush
Middle:Tea Beauty Mint Leaf to ORLY Flawless Flush to Julep Cassie
Ring: China Glaze One Track Mind to Morgan Taylor Don't Touch Me I'm Radioactive to Salon Perfect Bellini
Pinky: China Glaze Liquid Leather to China Glaze One Track Mind to Essie Fear or Desire
 I then used a small brush to brush on some clouds on each nail. I used a mix of the base colors to get the appropriate shading on each cloud. On the brighter nails the clouds are shaded in blue, where the later clouds take on a pinkish hue. I used a toothpick and some acrylic white paint to add highlights to the clouds as well as stars to my nighttime pinky.

On my middle finger I added a sun glow in OPI I just Can't Cope-acabana. I also used more Essie Fear or Desire to add a bit more color to my ring nail. Lastly, the horizon was added to each nail tip in China Glaze Liquid Leather.
Colors Used:
Morgan Taylor Don't Touch Me I'm Radioactive
Julep Bess
Tea Beauty Mint Leaf
 ORLY Flawless Flush
 Julep Cassie
 China Glaze One Track Mind
Salon Perfect Bellini
China Glaze Liquid Leather
Essie Fear or Desire
OPI I just Can't Cope-acabana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...