Thursday, April 16, 2015

Day 16: Blue Jay Feathers

 The prompt of the day was 'feathers' and I debated between drawing full feathers or painting feather patterns, and patterns won out in the end. I love blue jay feathers, so that of course was an easy choice!
 Of course, I realized after decided on this course of action that blue jay feathers are a really complex shade of blue. For this, I started with a dark gray backdrop of China Glaze Immortal. Over that I sponged a gradient from gray Immortal to mid-blue OPI Keeping Suzi at Bay to navy Sally Hansen Nightwatch. I then built up the shimmery feather texture using the intensely sparkly Finger Paints Surf's Up, shimmery Sally Hansen Blu, and a touch of teal Sally Hansen Pixel Pretty.
 I added the shaft and striping with Wet n Wild Black Creme, The white tips were done in China Glaze White on White. I also added a bit of texture to the grey base of each feather using light gray Ciaté Cream Soda.
Colors Used:
China Glaze Immortal
OPI Keeping Suzi at Bay
Sally Hansen Nightwatch
Finger Paints Surf's Up
Sally Hansen Blu
Sally Hansen Pixel Pretty
Wet n Wild Black Creme
China Glaze White on White
Ciaté Cream Soda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...