Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Day 8: Pendant Nails

 For my jewelry inspiration I decided on a pendant I own. It's a cheap faux-abalone shell pendant with a nifty shape and diamond pattern. It seemed a fun challenge to try to recreate!
 I began by blocking out the shape with the dark teal, Sinful Colors Calypso. I was a bit sad that my negative space ovals didn't turn out perfect, but oh well. Next, I blotched on some shimmery teals with China Glaze Deviantly Daring and Essie Beach Bum Blu. A touch of Sinful Colors Bali Mist in some areas added that pink opalescent effect, but for some reason I couldn't catch it on camera.
 I took a small brush and Wet n Wild Metallica to add the silver border detail and the swoosh. Within the swoosh, I added a curving line of silver microbeads transitioning into a set of teal nail gems.

Colors Used:
Sinful Colors Calypso
China Glaze Deviantly Daring
Essie Beach Bum Blu
Sinful Colors Bali Mist 
Wet n Wild Metallica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...