Saturday, April 11, 2015

Day 11: Cat Silhouettes

 The prompt for the day was 'something you own,' so I chose my trio of cool cat silhouette wall decorations. I'll get a photo of the actual inspiration up soon! Since they are just black metal silhouettes, I decided to jazz it up a little with a sparkly gradient! Bonus - it glows in the dark too!
 To save me from having to layer up jellies, I knew I was going to start with a white base. On a whim, I decided to add some shnazzy glow! I used Serum No 5 Pure Glow Getter to provide a lovely white glow. Next, I added some condensed holographic glitter to the tips - Sephora by OPI Meet Me At the Disco, followed by some China Glaze Fairy Dust. I love this sparkly combination!
To create the gradient effect, I used tinting jellies from multiple brands. My pinkie used red Julep Wendy with yellow OPI I'm Never Amberrassed. I then went from yellow to green Sally Hansen Sea Through, then to blue Sally Hansen Ice Tint. My index finger finished the transition from blue to purple Sally Hansen Grape Jelly. I decided to keep the flow of the gradient and did a horizontal gradient from purple to orange on my thumb.
  I then used a small brush and black acrylic paint to add the kitties. Two of my silhouettes are of cat faces leaning in from an angle, so I replicated those on my index and pinkie nails. The third is a straight portrait, which I split between my middle two fingers.
Colors Used:
Serum No 5 Pure Glow Getter
Sephora by OPI Meet Me At the Disco
China Glaze Fairy Dust
Julep Wendy
OPI I'm Never Amberrassed
Sally Hansen Sea Through
Sally Hansen Ice Tint
Sally Hansen Grape Jelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...