Friday, April 3, 2015

Day 3: Easter Chocolate

 Not sure if I'm entirely happy with how these turned out, but they at least look like chocolates to me! I originally thought about doing all of them as foil eggs, but decided to actually show some chocolate. For this day in particular dealing with my needy needy cats was a headache, so I'm glad I got anything done at all!
 The base chocolatey brown is Sally Hansen Cinnamon. I really like this brown! Starting with my thumb, I added some texture by pressing into the drying polish, and put in a touch of 'cream filling'  spilling out with light brown OPI Samoan Sand and white L'Oreal Hit the Slopes.

My index nail is a Cadbury creme egg! I pulled out the nail foils to do this one. I applied blue and red foil to half of the nail, then added a blobby shape in gold once those were dry. Using the dark blue China Glaze One Track Mind and a small brush, I wrote in the tiny Cadbury logo.
 My middle nail is a simple dipped design with Sally Hansen Cinnamon and OPI Samoan Sand. I really need to try doing dipped effects more often, I love the effect!

For my ring nail I tried a crosshatched textured effect by doing the 'spun sugar' technique with Samoan Sand and Hit the Slopes. It didn't turn out as well as I hoped, and it seemed like these two polishes didn't want to get to the perfect consistency to drag across my nail for the technique. Bah!

Lastly, for my pinky I added foil to just the tip to look like a half-unwrapped chocolate, then put some pink and yellow tiny pieces of crushed shell to the base as a topper. Finally I mattified all but the foil!
Colors Used:
Sally Hansen Cinnamon
OPI Samoan Sand
L'Oreal Hit the Slopes
China Glaze One Track Mind

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...