Sunday, April 12, 2015

Day 12: Traveling through Time

 For the challenge of 'technology' I decided to depict the changes in time-keeping devices through the years! It goes from a sundial on my pinkie, to an hourglass, to a rather steampunky geared clock, to a slightly more modern grandfather clock, and finally a digital display! Bonus - I made the digital clock glow in the dark because it's fun!
 To begin, I used a base of dark brown Sally Hansen Cinnamon. I then sponged on a touch of Essie Epic Proposal to give everything a burnished bronze look. The sundial was done with light brown ORLY Dare to Bare ringed in Sinful Colors Copper Pot. Highlighting the dial and the bitty roman numerals were done with acrylic paint.

For the hourglass I used acrylic paint to draw the shape of the glass, then L'Oreal The Statement Piece to add the sand. The wooden frame was added with a bit more Copper Pot.

The open face gear clock was drawn with more Dare to Bare, followed by black acrylic paint. Golden roman numerals were drawn with L'Oreal Because You're Worth It. Because I could, I added a 3D element with some watch components.
 I added more Sinful Colors Copper Pot to my index to act as the wood of the clock. The watch face was painted with L'Oreal Hit the Slopes. Acrylic paint was again used for the black details.

Lastly, I made the digital clock with a black acrylic background, then painted the numbers in white acrylic paint. I added a touch of Serum No. 5 Blue Blazes over the white paint to make the numbers glow blue!

Colors Used:
Sally Hansen Cinnamon
Essie Epic Proposal
ORLY Dare to Bare
Sinful Colors Copper Pot
L'Oreal The Statement Piece 
L'Oreal Because You're Worth It
L'Oreal Hit the Slopes
Serum No. 5 Blue Blazes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...