Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Day 1: Pastel

 Starting another 30 Day Challenge, because I'm crazy like that! The first theme of the month is Pastel, which is fun because I don't normally find myself grabbing pastels. For this design I did a skittle-ruffian with what ended up looking like a pastel galaxy effect.
 I began by laying down the plain pastel cremes. Starting at my thumb, the colors are as follows: China Glaze Lotus Begin, Butter London Jasper, Finger Paints Dream I Can Fly, Icing Watermelon, and China Glaze Grass is Lime Greener. Once that was dry, I blocked off the ruffian and painted the remainder of the nail in OPI Alpine Snow. I then used a sponge to blot on more color and tried to make it look like water color.
 I then decorated the border with a thin line of white and small flowers in white as well. At the center of each flower I added a little nail art gem in a color that corresponded to the preceding nail. Mix n' match all around! Because that clearly was not enough, I added matte white glitter from Sally Hansen Eyelet, followed by scattered holographic glitter from ORLY Shine On Crazy Diamond.
 For my dominant hand, I just had fun with the handful of pastels and glitter toppers. Yay! Semi-unrelatedly, I really can't figure out why the orangey color was named 'Watermelon.' Seems an odd choice!
 Colors Used:
China Glaze Lotus Begin
Butter London Jasper
Finger Paints Dream I Can Fly
Icing Watermelon
China Glaze Grass is Lime Greener
OPI Alpine Snow
Sally Hansen Eyelet
ORLY Shine On Crazy Diamond


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...