Monday, April 6, 2015

Day 6: Hamblen Landscape

Today's theme is 'Inspired by Art', and I decided to try and replicate one of the stunning landscapes by Matthew Hamblen. It's just so dynamic and colorful! This was a bit of a speed paint as I started late, but I tried to at least make it recognizably based off the painting. Woo!
  So this is a bit different for me in that I used very little nail polish! The entire design is painted in acrylic paints. Of course, I learned from this that I really need to buy some more paints. Only after I started did I realize that my bold orange paint was dried up, and I had the hardest time getting a good vibrant orange from mixing the reds and yellows I had on hand.
 Even if it didn't turn out as an exact match to the colors of the painting, I had a lot of fun with it!

 Colors Used:
Acrylic Paints

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...