Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Let It Shine

 Taking a bit of a sharp change from my stormy nails on Sunday, today I did bright and sunny nails! They definitely make me smile! I wish my skin looked better next to yellows and oranges, but it's not the end of the world. I found an image online that I decided to recreate. I had to simplify some aspects due to time, sadly.
 I started out with two coats of China Glaze White on White. Next, I used the bottle brush to paint a curving swath of orange OPI Where Did Suzi's Man-go, starting at an angle on my thumb nail, then running near the tips of my other nails. I followed that with the hint of a yellow stripe using OPI I Just Can't Cope-Acabana.
 I then pulled out my stamping plates. I used Pueen 36 with some Sinful Colors Feel the Vibe, a bright orange, to add a circular pattern to my thumb and pinkie where that second yellow stripe was visible. I then used Pueen 05 with more yellow polish to add the random crosshatch design to the orange.

Salon Perfect Ray of Light, a nail art striper, was appropriately used to add the sun rays across each nail. I used a combo of oranges to make the sun itself. Sinful Colors Bad Chick was used to separate and clean up sections of the orange curvy line. Lastly, Zoya Jinx was used to add the itty bitty birds and the second palm tree. Whew!
Colors Used:
China Glaze White on White
OPI Where Did Suzi's Man-go
OPI I Just Can't Cope-Acabana
Sinful Colors Feel the Vibe
Salon Perfect Ray of Light (Striper)
Sinful Colors Bad Chick (Striper)
Zoya Jinx
Pueen 36, 05

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...