Saturday, May 17, 2014

Snow White

 Time for some Disney nails! I've been meaning to do Disney princess nails for a while, mostly because my friend challenged me to do so. Of course, I had to start chronologically, which meant tackling Snow White! I decided to do images of the evil queen and Snow White in the Magic Mirror.
 I began with Sinful Colors Black on Black on my thumb and ring nails. I then sponged OPI I Just Can't Cope-acabana onto the top half of each remaining nail. I actually rather like the effect in person, though in the photos it turned out a little darker and less dramatic.
 Next, I painted the tips of the non-character nails with Salon Perfect Baby Blues, followed by adding red details with Essie Hip-anema. I then used Sinful Colors Bad Chick (a striper) to add a thin white line to clean up the blue. Lastly, I added a little oval diamond near the base of each nail. I thought about adding more gems, but I didn't want to ruin everything by going overboard.
 For the character portraits, I used entirely too many polish colors. I just have too much fun using strictly polish for things like this, even though I could probably get a cleaner effect by using acrylic. But because this blog is mostly a way for myself to keep record of what I've done, I'm just going to list them all out.

Snow White:
Sinful Colors Black on Black (hair)
ORLY Dare to Bare (Skin)
Sally Hansen Pacific Blues (dress)
Salon Perfect Baby Blues (Sleeves)
Essie Hip-anema (Red details)
China Glaze White on White (Skin highlights, white details)

Witch:
Sinful Colors Black on Black (hood)
ORLY Dare to Bare (skin)
Seche Astute (skin shading)
China Glaze White on White (hair)
Essie Hip-anema (apple)
Essie Maximillian Strasse-her (Green glow)

 Lastly, I added green-gold detailing to the mirror frame using the awesomely duochromey Revlon 1000 Volts. Woo! I mattefied at the end mostly for the sake of avoiding glare for these photos. I did include one glossy photo at the very top, to show the increased depth of color.

 Colors Used:
Sinful Colors Black on Black
OPI I Just Can't Cope-acabana
Salon Perfect Baby Blues
Essie Hip-anema
Sinful Colors Bad Chick
ORLY Dare to Bare
Sally Hansen Pacific Blues
China Glaze White on White
Seche Astute 
Essie Maximillian Strasse-her
Revlon 1000 Volts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...