Sunday, May 4, 2014

Crossed Stripes

 Sorry for the long absence! Life got a little busier, so actually making the blog posts fell behind. I have a large backlog to catch up! I have a few more 31 day challenge nails to post, but I did finally have to cut the challenge short. Anywho! I had fun with stripes for this stripey theme. I originally was going to remove the striping tape, but I loved how the light copper looked on the dark green. I rarely leave it on, so it was fun to experiment!
 I started with two coats of Icing Emerald City, which is marked as a 'cashmere' polish. It dries to a suede-matte finish, and has a delightful blue-green shimmer.  (Side note: Eventually I'm just going to swatch my collection, and I really need to do the Icing polishes because I rarely find images of them online!)
 Next, I added striping tape in rows to my index and pinkie fingers. I then added one coat of Butter London Jack the Lad to those nails, then removed the striping tape. I did full coverage coats on my remaining nails. Next, I added the striping tape to each nail. I had to use a generous amount of topcoat to hold on the striping tape, but I love the effect!
Colors Used:
Icing Emerald City
Butter London Jack the Lad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...