Saturday, May 31, 2014

One Stroke Iris

Finally decided to try one stroke painting! I don't think I did too badly for my first try, though I will definitely have to practice more! I tried to paint bearded iris flowers, as those are by far my favorite flower.

 I started with three coats of OPI Samoan Sand, as it's a really good nude tone on me. The iris flowers were painted with white and purple acrylic paint and a chisel-tip brush. I used a touch of yellow at the center of each 'fall' petal to represent the fuzzy beard. I thought about doing multimedia nails with flocking powder, but figured that would make it lose some of the delicacy of one-stroke.
 I touched up the tips of the flowers with a thin line of white, to make them pop a little more. Lastly, I used Zoya Hudson on my ring nail to accent. It was fortunately almost a perfect match to the purple acrylic paint! I also had fun adding some bling, because I have quite a few nail gems that I need to use!
 Even my dominant hand turned out okay!
Colors Used:
 OPI Samoan Sand
Purple, white, green, and yellow acrylic craft paint
Zoya Hudson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...