Sunday, May 11, 2014

Swatchy Sunday - Comparisons: Black Textures

 I've decided in my quest to start showcasing polish along with nail art, I'll throw in a few comparison studies!

 I decided to start with a repeated staple in textured polish collections - black with silver glitter. I've managed to acquire four of these - L'Oreal Rough Around The Edges (index), ORLY Black Pixel (middle), Zoya Dahlia (ring), and Nicole by OPI A-Nise Treat (pinkie). Compared side by side, they are near perfect dupes.

I probably don't need four of the same polish, but my love of collecting textured polish makes it hard to let any of them go!





The only one I can pick out of the group as slightly different would be ORLY Black Pixel. For each of these, I used three coats per nail. ORLY's formula was a tad bit thinner than the others, and seemed to have a little less concentration of silver glitter. It is slightly noticeable that my middle nail is a half-shade darker than the rest.

Texture on all four was the same - a very fine grit. Dry time was also very similar. I don't tend to wear the same polish for longer than a day or two, but for the one day I had these I didn't experience any chipping.

I normally don't like wearing black on its own, but from a distance these are more of a dark charcoal gray. I love it!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...