Thursday, May 8, 2014

ORLY's Macabre Masquerade

 I decided to embark on the herculean task of taking swatch photos of at least the highlights of my polish collection. This is probably more appropriately termed as Sisyphean task, as the stash grows faster than I can swatch!

Just the other day I picked up ORLY Macabre Masquerade at my local T.J. Maxx for $3.99. I love stalking the nail polish section and snagging amazing colors from great brands for almost half price! 

Macabre Masquerade is a full rainbow of metallic small glitter in a blue jelly base. Based on how bright the bottle looked, I was surprised by how thin the polish was! I was also surprised that tons of indigo microglitter was also present. I think this adds to the more metallic sheen after enough layers are applied
 And this polish definitely needs extra layers! I was determined to get the same blue from the bottle using only this polish, so I didn't layer it over anything. I needed four coats to get full coverage and avoid visible nail line. However, much to my relief, the dry time on each layer was fantastic.
 I really love the color and the amazing amount of glittery fun packed onto each nail, I just wish the polish didn't need to be built up so much. I was hoping that the thin jelly would bring the layering depth of a jelly sandwich, but all that is apparent is the top layer.
ORLY Macabre Masquerade is part of the 2013 Secret Society collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...