Monday, May 12, 2014

Stormy Weather

 A massive storm rolled through town on Sunday, and I spent a good portion of the night watching the storm from my window. Of course, after all that madness, I had to do lightning nails!
 I started with a base of Icing Moon Blue, which is a lovely dusty navy blue. I took photos of it alone that I will post later on. It served as a fantastic color to build up into a storm! Next, I sponged on Color Mates Metallic Venom, which is a shimmering purple wine. I focused mostly on the base of the nail with the purple.
 To give the storm a more eerie quality, I sponged on OPI Thanks a Windmillion, a dusky grey-green, near the tips of each nail. I then blended everything together a bit more with Finger Paints Inkblot Blue.

I first traced out the shape of each lightning strike with Seche Blanc II, which is an eggshell white. This didn't pop out enough for me, so I then made each bolt brighter with Sinful Colors Bad Chick, which is a nail art striper polish.

I do love watching storms (as long as they don't damage anything!)
Colors Used:
Icing Moon Blue
 Color Mates Metallic Venom
 OPI Thanks a Windmillion
 Finger Paints Inkblot Blue
Seche Blanc II
Sinful Colors Bad Chick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...