Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day

 Time for some Memorial Day nails! I rather like how these came together. I wanted to something patriotic without going over the top (saving that for the Fourth of July!) and I got to play with my star-shaped hole punch, fun times!
 I started with a base of Sally Hansen Resurrection, which is a mid-dusty blue. Next, I used a porous sponge to dab on some lighter blue with Essie Rock the Boat, followed by a touch of NYC Pinstripe White. It's a thinner white, so it did its job without overwhelming everything.

 The multicolored stars were a bit of a process. I can make a tutorial if anyone is interested! I started by using my star hole punch to cut a star out of a piece of regular tape. I then applied the tape firmly to the nail. Next, I used one coat of OPI Alpine Snow. That polish dries quickly, so I followed that up with stamping an angled ray design from Pueen plate 30 using ORLY Ignite. After that, I brushed SpaRitual Undercurrent across the top third of the star. It was hard to guesstimate where the star design actually was, since I was using clear tape. It didn't turn out too badly, though! I then carefully removed the tape, pulling from both sides to avoid problems with distorting the design.
As a last touch, I used a striper brush with SpaRitual Undercurrent, as well as the nail art striper polish Sinful Colors Bad Chick and Shany 07 (a bright red) to make little banner decorations at the tips of my ring, middle, and thumb nails. I then tossed on some tiny nail studs to just add a little extra shine.

Happy Memorial Day!
Colors Used:
Sally Hansen Resurrection
Essie Rock the Boat
NYC Pinstripe White
OPI Alpine Snow
ORLY Ignite
SpaRitual Undercurrent
Sinful Colors Bad Chick
Shany 07
Pueen 30

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...