Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Day 28: Inspired by Water - Bubbling Waves

 I tried to make this look like those super-lighted slow motion water captures they show in things like bottled water commercials. I like 'em, but then again, it's an excuse to use BLUE!

I started with a base of two coats of China Glaze White on White. I then sponged on a light layer of Essie Bikini So Teeny over the lower half of each nail. I used my small brush to paint a stripe of Bikini So Teeny on top of that, to act as the surface of the water . On my thumb and ring nails, I added a loose wave shape.
 Next, I took my tiny brush and Sinful Colors Rain Storm and added touches of dark blue to the water. Then, with my smallest dotting tool, I scattered tiny dots of Rain Storm below the waves on my thumb and ring fingers. I lightly touched more Bikini So Teeny in the centers of those dots, then used a toothpick to add a tiny amount of White on White for more sparkle.

Colors Used:
China Glaze White on White
Essie Bikini So Teeny
Sinful Colors Rain Storm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...