Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Day 6: Purple....for SCIENCE!

I'm not entirely certain why I chose to do a science theme for purple day, but once I had the idea I just had to try it!
 I decided to go for a size scale on a whim. Starting at my pinky, I tried to depict an atom. The base is Sally Hansen Lacey Lilac, and the protons and neutrons are done with Sinful Colors Beau Brique and Wet n Wild Listening To Blue Reed.  I shaded the electron cloud with Wet n Wild On A Trip, then added electrons in China Glaze White on White.

For my ring nail I did cells as seen under a microscope. The base was more On A Trip. I then used Lacey Lilac and Sinful Colors Enchanted to draw in the cells, then watered down Lacey Lilac and lighted the background a little. I added a little touch of Beau Brique and Blue Reed to the cells to make them pop some more.
 For my middle nail I attempted to do an amethyst geode. The base color was SpaRitual Shoot For the Stars. I used Sinful Colors Cool Gray to add in the borders of the geode. The crystals were shaded with a mix of Color Club Sweet Pea, White on White, Enchanted, and a touch of Blue Reed and Beau Brique.

My index nail is a planet with a moon. The base was Sinful Colors Enchanted, and the moon was outlined in White on White, with touches of diluted On a Trip, Blue Reed, and Beau Brique.
Lastly, my thumb nail is a nebula. For the base I used OPI Tomorrow Never Dies, then I sponged on mix of Lacey Lilac,  Sweet Pea,  Wet n Wild Black Creme, NUANCE Rosegold, and Nicole by OPI It's all About the Glam. For the stars I mainly used White on White, but I did add a few in Blue Reed and Beau Brique. 

I was trying to keep a bit of a story running by using the original red, blue, and white from the atom as subtle touches through each nail. Not sure if it is all that obvious in the final product, but I like the effect.
 Colors Used:
Sally Hansen Lacey Lilac
 Sinful Colors Beau Brique
Wet n Wild Listening To Blue Reed
Wet n Wild On A Trip
 China Glaze White on White
  Sinful Colors Enchanted
SpaRitual Shoot For the Stars
Sinful Colors Cool Gray
Color Club Sweet Pea
Wet n Wild Black Creme
NUANCE Rosegold
Nicole by OPI It's all About the Glam



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...