Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Day 20: Stripes

 Okay, so I cheated slightly and didn't stripe every nail. But I wanted to make the stripes an accent, and I figured doing every nail would look a bit too busy.

 I started with a base of China Glaze White on White. After letting that dry, I used my circular ring reinforcing stickers to mark off half moons. I then painted on a coat of Sinful Colors Beverley Hills, which is pretty much a perfect lavender. With the moons still covered in stickers, I used a sponge to work in a gradient on both sides with ORLY #816 (still don't know why this polish isn't named). As an extra touch, I brushed on very thin tips with the #816.
 The next step was to use many pieces of striping tape to block off my stripes. The effect worked best on the thumbs. The lines are meant to look like they're radiating outward. After zones were blocked off, I used Sinful Colors Enchanted to paint in those narrow triangles. I'm rather pleased with the overall effect!


Colors Used:
China Glaze White on White
 Sinful Colors Beverley Hills
 ORLY #816
Sinful Colors Enchanted 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...