Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day 1: Pink

And thus the month begins with me using a color I rarely if ever use, PINK. Pink is my arch-nemesis of colors. However, I had tons of fun with it today! 

I decided that if I was going to base an entire manicure around the color pink, I might as well just go for it and make it as pink as possible. This is also my first experiment with a fan brush! 

I started out with a base of Wet n Wild A Blank Canvas. Once that was dry, I dipped my fan brush in a blindingly-bright pink, Sinful Colors 24/7. I then dragged that over each nail horizontally. The next polish I used was Color Club Warhol, which is an insane pink neon. The third polish I brushed on the top of all that was Color Club Blushing Rose, which is a very nice soft light pink. 

 
 I topped the crazy cotton candy striped nails with some Seche Vite and let everything dry. Once all was set, I used a dotting tool and Sally Hansen Sugar Fix to create textured hearts in white. Because if you're going to go for super-girly nails, might as well go all the way, right?! Haha!

 Colors Used:
Wet n Wild A Blank Canvas
Sinful Colors 24/7
Color Club Warhol
Color Club Blushing Rose
Sally Hansen Sugar Fix

2 comments:

  1. I...I think you might have gone a bit overboard. It's like guys wearing pink because they're so manly, only instead of just a shirt or whatever, it's all pink. And their car is pink, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! But I figured I'd get all the pink ever out of my system all at once, so I can go back to occasionally using it as a detail or accent color. And I only did one hand, because I can only take so much pink.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...