Saturday, August 17, 2013

Day 17: Swirls - Vines and Flowers!

 Swirly flowers and vines! These were loosely inspired by a game I've been enjoying called 'Botanicula', which is all curls and flowers and cute critters.

 I started with a base of Sinful Colors Cool Gray, then used a sponge and China Glaze White on White to create a gradient for the background. I then used Wet n Wild Black Creme to create blobby shapes on the corner of each nail, and added a touch of black to the far corner of each nail base. I then added a tangle of vines using a Sally Hansen nail art brush as well as a small Micron pen I snatched from my old drawing supplies. My right hand turned out...interesting as my left hand attempted to create swirls. I then used a bright green nail art pen to draw in more vines.

 After that had dried, I used a dotting tool to add in blue flowers using Sinful Colors Jolt. Petal highlights were done in Color Club Blue-ming. As a last touch I darkened around the centers with a touch of SpaRitual Undercurrent.
Colors Used:
Sinful Colors Cool Gray
China Glaze White on White 
 Wet n Wild Black Creme
Sinful Colors Jolt
 Color Club Blue-ming
SpaRitual Undercurrent

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...