Thursday, August 22, 2013

Day 22: Inspired by a Pet - Sam's Shenanigans

You know, I need to stop doing nail art inspired by my cat Sam. But he keeps sneaking onto my nails again and again and again! Maybe it's because he's always trying to interrupt my nail painting. I only painted Sam on my left hand due to time, but I still had fun stringing up my right hand!

 I started out with a base of Barielle A Bouquet for Ava, which is a smidge more teal than my camera shows. It also apaprently stains nails slightly even through a basecoat, which I only discovered after the fact. I still love the color!

 I then painted Sam on my nails first in CQ Honey, followed by shading in Sinful Colors Anchors Away. His white muzzle and belly were done in Sinful Colors Snow Me White. Tabby markings were added with ColorMates Mudd.

 To add the thread, I first put on a coat of a slightly slower drying topcoat (Sally Hansen Ultimate Shield), and waited a few moments until it was only slightly tacky - just enough to stick and hold onto the thread. I didn't worry to much about fingerprints. Once that was mostly in place, I added a generous amount of Seche Vite.

Colors Used:
Barielle A Bouquet for Ava
 CQ Honey
 Sinful Colors Anchors Away
 Sinful Colors Snow Me White
 ColorMates Mudd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...