Monday, August 12, 2013

Day 12: Animal Print - Snow Leopard


 Snow Leopard nails! It took me a while to decide what animal I was going to do, and if I was going to try more stylized and fun nails or just go for the artistic version. Also on the fun side of things, I finally created my DIY light box, so now I have a new toy to play with! Still not certain if I prefer white or black backgrounds, but I'll toy around with both.
I started with a base of ORLY Mirror Mirror, which is a lovely mid-gray creme. I then used a sponge and Nicole by OPI Others Pale by Kim-parison to add in a slight gradient. Others Pale by Kim-parison is a very light beige, and I wanted to give the snow leopard fur a slightly warmer tone. 
 Using a small brush and NYC Pinstripe White, I brushed on very small strokes to give the impression of a furry texture. I used NYC Black Lace Creme to add the spots. I started small on my index finger, moving to larger spots on my middle and ring nails, and ended my pinky nail with spots down the sides and rings across the bottom to represent a snow leopard tail. I darkened the center of each spot with Sinful Colors Ardoise.
 I decided to freehand paint a snow leopard face on my thumb nail. The blacks were done again in NYC Black Lace Creme, and I shaded the darker areas by diluting that with some acetone. The lighter areas were colored first in Others Pale by Kim-parison, then highlighted with more Pinstripe White. I also added hints of Revlon Trade Winds to this and the other nails, to give a slight light tan/brown color. The nose was done with Wet n Wild Private Viewing, and I added a touch of the metallic silver Revlon Magnetize to the eyes to make them pop out more.

Colors Used:
ORLY Mirror Mirror
 Nicole by OPI Others Pale by Kim-parison
  NYC Pinstripe White
 NYC Black Lace Creme
 Sinful Colors Ardoise
  Revlon Trade Winds
Wet n Wild Private Viewing
 Revlon Magnetize


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...