Monday, August 26, 2013

Day 26: Inspired by a Book - Leatherbound Books!

 I do know the original intention of this prompt was to make nails inspired by the CONTENTS of a book, but I snagged some lovely matte polishes yesterday and just had to try 'em out! Plus, I absolutely love leather-bound books.
 I started out with a base of Sinful Colors Whipped, which I really like. There's something awesome about matte blacks. Anywho, after that had dried (which took only a few moments) I used a small brush to add columns of color to be the book spines. Book colors were done in Maybelline High Style Sienna (mid-brown), Maybelline Classic Camel (Shimmery orange), Maybelline Antique Teal (blue-teal), and Sinful Colors Strapped (green-teal), all of which are lovely matte polishes.
 I decided to do my thumb as the front of a book, mostly so I could have an excuse to look at the leather effect of Antique Teal. I really love the subtle flakies in that polish! Details were added with some acrylic paint, since it was thin enough to make the itsy details.
Colors Used:
Sinful Colors Whipped
Maybelline High Style Sienna
Maybelline Classic Camel
 Maybelline Antique Teal
Sinful Colors Strapped

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...