Saturday, August 3, 2013

Day 3: Yellow and Orange - Tiger lilies!


 So I cheated with this prompt and did add another color into the mix, but I was in the mood to paint tiger lilies! I had way too much fun with this design and trying to get the colors blended!
 I started out with two coats of Maybelline Color Show Sapphire Siren, which is a nice indigo blue jelly. I then used a small brush to paint on a 'starburst' shape of green leaf petals in Sinful Colors Envy. The leaves are rather subtle in the final pictures, but I think they add some depth.
 For the flowers, I started by laying down the basic shape with the bright yellow SpaRitual Enlightened Soul. I had originally intended to only use it as a highlighting color, but because it's a creme it showed up better with just one coat than my jelly yellows and oranges. Next, I used e.l.f. Mango Madness for the center of the lilies. After diluting the polish with some acetone on my brush, I shaded the Mango Madness up the petals away from the center. I then used China Glaze Sun Worshipper to add a little more bright orange to the petals.
 I added a touch of Color Club Poptastic to the mix, after extremely diluting it with acetone, to bring a slight touch of pink to the petals. Lastly, I used ORLY #816, a dusky purple creme, to deepen the shadows on the petals.

Once I was happy with the petals, I used a small toothpick and more Enlightened Soul to add the stamens in the center of each lily, and more #816 to add the anthers to each stamen. The last step was to add the little tiger lily dots to the petals using a toothpick and Wet n Wild Black Creme
Colors Used:
Maybelline Color Show Sapphire Siren
Sinful Colors Envy
SpaRitual Enlightened Soul 
e.l.f. Mango Madness 
China Glaze Sun Worshipper 
Color Club Poptastic  
ORLY #816 
Wet n Wild Black Creme
 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...