Friday, August 23, 2013

Day 23: Mythology - Here there be Dragons!

 Mythology themes give me an excuse to paint dragons, yay! Frustratingly, this was one of those that looks good on nails but is hard to photograph. I decided to mattify to try to reduce the glare!
 I started with a base of Sinful Colors Ardoise, which is a lovely dark gray. I then sponged on a cloudy layer of Sinful Colors Snow Me White at my tips. Over the top of that, I sponged on Sinful Colors Calypso (dark teal). I added touches of Ciaté Cream Soda (light gray) to the sky, then added more depth by adding touches of Sinful Colors Black on Black. I rather like how the stormy sky effect turned out!
I outlined the shape of the dragon with more Black on Black. The red underbelly and scales were done with a mix of Sinful Colors Gogo Girl, China Glaze Love Letters, OPI A Woman's Prague-ative, and OPI Oy-Another Polish Joke. Highlights across the top of the dragon were done with Sinful Colors Rain Storm, Sinful Colors Sweet Nothing, and some Snow Me White.
 The fire effect was done with Sinful Colors Gogo Girl, Sinful Colors Anchors Away, Color Club Almost Famous, and Sinful Colors Snow Me White.


Colors Used:
Sinful Colors Ardoise
Sinful Colors Snow Me White
 Sinful Colors Calypso
 Ciaté Cream Soda
  Sinful Colors Black on Black
Sinful Colors Gogo Girl
 China Glaze Love Letters
 OPI A Woman's Prague-ative
OPI Oy-Another Polish Joke
 Sinful Colors Rain Storm
 Sinful Colors Sweet Nothing
 Sinful Colors Anchors Away
Color Club Almost Famous
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...