Thursday, August 29, 2013

Day 29: Inspired by the Sky - Auroras!

 Originally I had planned to do some clouds for this theme, but after doing a light blue and white design yesterday I figured I needed to switch things up for this one. The auroras in this one are very vibrant in person!
 
 I started with a base of Sinful Colors Cinderella, which is a light blue with a pink shimmer. It took three coats to build to opacity, but it's a very nice polish! I then sponged on some Finger Paints Where Art Renoir? at the base of each nail. I worked up a gradient by then adding some SpaRitual Undercurrent, followed by Sinful Colors Fly Away. Lastly, I added China Glaze White on White to my tips.

 Once my sky gradient was developed, I used China Glaze I'm With the Lifeguard and a small brush to add in the aurora itself. I built up the aurora with some Sinful Colors High Strung and more White on White. To make the sky look even more vibrant, I added touches of Milani Totally Cool, a purple shimmer, to patches of sky near the base of each nail. I also added hints of Sinful Colors Beverly Hills, a pastel purple, and China Glaze Flying Dragon, a fuchsia, around the auroras.

I then added the horizon and some trees with Sinful Colors Black on Black. On my thumb I defined a shoreline and put some reflections in the water. I then speckled the sky with a few stars!

 Colors Used:
Sinful Colors Cinderella
Finger Paints Where Art Renoir?
SpaRitual Undercurrent
 Sinful Colors Fly Away
 China Glaze White on White
 China Glaze I'm With the Lifeguard
Sinful Colors High Strung
 Milani Totally Cool
Sinful Colors Beverly Hills
China Glaze Flying Dragon
Sinful Colors Black on Black



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...