Sunday, August 18, 2013

Day 18: Geometric - Grecian Border Tips

 I decided to take a different spin on the geometric challenge, and instead did a modified french tip using old Greek pottery as my inspiration.

 
 I started with a base of China Glaze Gold Fusion, which is pretty much my go-to single coat gold polish. I then used a textured sponge and China Glaze Goin' My Way and Sally Hansen Beige Blast to give my nails an aged/distressed look. It's so easy to do and I love the effect every time!


 I then used striping tape to mark off my tips. I painted them first in a coat of Goin' My Way, then let that dry. I enhanced the border of my index and ring nails with Sinful Colors Nail Art Pot O Gold and Sinful Colors Nail Art Lagoon. On my pinky, middle, and thumb nails, I sketched boxes with a nail art pen, then colored them in with more Goin' My Way.

For the geometric pattern, I decided to use craft store white acrylic paint. I wanted an easier cleanup job in case I messed up! The funny thing is that since I had a chance to practice on my left hand, I think my right hand actually turned out better!

 Colors Used:
China Glaze Gold Fusion
 China Glaze Goin' My Way
Sally Hansen Beige Blast
Sinful Colors Nail Art Pot O Gold
Sinful Colors Nail Art Lagoon
Craft store white acrylic paint


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...