Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Day 14: Polka Dots - Literally!

 I was in a bit of a silly mood, so for polka dot day I decided to try to represent polka music as well! Also, this has to be the first time anyone's ever tried painting an accordion on nails....

I started with a base coat of China Glaze White on White for my four fingers, and Sinful Colors Envy for my thumb. Using a small brush and Wet n Wild Black Creme, I painted a tiny accordion on my thumb nail. Details and the background polka dots were added with more White on White.

On my index and paritally on my middle finger, I added lederhosen using ORLY Instant Artist Chocolate and Sinful Colors Coffee. Over the top of those and on the remaining nails I blotched on large overlapping dots of CQ Honey, Sinful Colors Envy, Color Club Almost Famous, Nicole by OPI Kourt is Red-y for a Pedi, and Sinful Colors Anchors Away. I then dusted over a light coat of Nicole by OPI It's All About the Glam to lighten up a section for the music, and used a KISS nail art pen in black to draw in music notes and outline the shape. As a final touch, I added small white polka dots over the backgrounds of my last three nails.

Colors Used:
China Glaze White on White
Sinful Colors Envy
Wet n Wild Black Creme
ORLY Instant Artist Chocolate
Sinful Colors Coffee
CQ Honey
Color Club Almost Famous
Nicole by OPI Kourt is Red-y for a Pedi
Sinful Colors Anchors Away
Nicole by OPI It's All About the Glam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...