Monday, August 5, 2013

Day 5: Blue - Shark Week!

 I figured I'd use the blue theme to celebrate Shark Week, because sharks are awesome. Woo! From thumb to pinky, I painted a whale shark, great white, leopard shark, tiger shark, and finally hammerhead shark. Whale sharks are my favorite sharks, so I knew I wanted to include one!

 To start I used two coats of Wet n Wild Listening to Blue Reed, followed by one coat of Sally Hansen HD Blu across the base half of each nail in an attempt to make it look like the underside of the surface of the water. Across the middle of each nail I brushed a horizontal line of L.A. Colors BCC 569, which is a nice royal blue. I was attempting to create a little more depth. I then added ripples with Nicole by OPI It's All About the Glam to try to simulate sunlight on the ocean floor.
 I roughed out the base shape of each shark using Maybelline Color Show Impeccable Greys. The sharks were then shaded with a mix of Sinful Colors Cool Gray, Sinful Colors New Wave, China Glaze White on White, and Revlon Trade Winds.

Colors Used:
Wet n Wild Listening to Blue Reed
Sally Hansen HD Blu
L.A. Colors BCC 569
Nicole by OPI It's All About the Glam
Maybelline Color Show Impeccable Greys
Sinful Colors Cool Gray
Sinful Colors New Wave
China Glaze White on White
Revlon Trade Winds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...