Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Day 13: Glitter - Fiery Glow


I really need to start experimenting with glitter more often. I tend to lean more toward creme polish, especially when I'm doing some painterly painting kind of design, but glitter is so much fun! 
 Still toying with my light box to see what works best! For this, I started with two coats of China Glaze Stroll, which is AMAZING. It's a raspberry red jelly polish with the prettiest shimmer. I just happened to nab it on a whim at TJ Maxx, and it was totally worth it.
 Rather than pulling out my glitter topper polishes, I decided this would be a good opportunity to mess with craft store glitter. I decided to try a loose flame effect. I started by dusting on some dark nearly-black glitter about midway across my nail. It helps give everything a subtle sense of depth.

I then brushed on some 'velvet' glitter from a craft pack. It's more like satin finish - not quite matte, but certainly not super shiny. I used velvet glitter in orange and yellow, then added another layer of slower-drying clear coat. On this new layer I added flashes of shiny bright orange glitter, then some touches of satin finish white glitter. It at least reminds me of embers!


Colors Used:
China Glaze Stroll
Many craft glitters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...