Friday, August 9, 2013

Day 9: Metallic - Fractured Reflections

 Super shiny fun times! I was debating going overboard with a hex glitter mosaic for this theme, but then I noticed the little bitty shredded foil I had snagged months ago and decided to experiment!
 I started with one coat of Revlon Magnetize on my thumb and pinky nail, two coats of Milani Signature Gold on my index nail, and one coat of Wet n Wild Black Creme on my ring and middle nails. I then put a clear coat over the black on my middle and ring nails and proceeded to place the
foil in a loose mosaic. I then covered those with plenty of thick topcoat to smooth out all the texture.


 I used two coats of Sephora by OPI Rumba Romance to darken my index nail to match the gold of the foil, then I brushed on Icing Shredded, which is a black flakie in a clear base.Because I can never leave well enough alone, I added some Wet n Wild Fergie Glamorous to my index nail. Because I don't have a silver polish that quite matches Glamorous, I used a light coat of Sinful Colors Queen of Beauty with a few craft store hex glitters placed on afterwards.
 I rather like the effect! So very shiny!




 Colors Used:
Revlon Brilliant Strength Magnetize
Milani Signature Gold
Sephora by OPI Rumba Romance
Wet n Wild Wildshine Black Creme
Icing Shredded
Wet n Wild Fergie Glamorous
Sinful Colors Queen of Beauty


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...