Monday, August 19, 2013

Day 19: Flowers - Snapdragons!


 The theme of the day was flowers! I was having trouble choosing, so I had to ask a friend. She suggested snapdragons, and it ended up being a perfect idea! I was attempting to make it look like snapdragons photographed in front of an out-of-focus backdrop.
 I started with a base of Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet. Once that was dry, I tried out the 'watercolor technique.' I dabbed on Sinful Colors Envy, then blurred and smooged those spots. I then added even smaller touches of Sinful Colors Innocent and repeated. Lastly, I added a small amount of Sinful Colors Snow Me White to lighten everything slightly.

Next, I added green lines in Envy to each nail for the stems. I grabbed out quite a selection of polishes for the different colors of snapdragons. Red flowers were done with China Glaze Red Satin and Sinful Colors Anchors Away. Orange was Wet n Wild Club Havana and more Anchors Away. The coral flowers were e.l.f. Mango Madness and Sinful Colors Poudre. Light orange was more Anchors Away and SpaRitual Enlightened Soul. Lastly, white flowers were done with more Snow Me White. Whew!

I didn't do quite as much detail on my right hand, so it's a little more abstract. Heh!
 
 Colors Used:
 Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet
 Sinful Colors Envy
 Sinful Colors Innocent
 Sinful Colors Snow Me White
China Glaze Red Satin
 Sinful Colors Anchors Away
 Wet n Wild Club Havana
e.l.f. Mango Madness 
Sinful Colors Poudre
SpaRitual Enlightened Soul





2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...