Sunday, August 11, 2013

Day 11: Texture - Soft and Gritty!

 I decided to keep the actual design simple today and focus entirely on texture contrasts! The dark gray nails are gritty textured polish, while the light gray nails are soft and velvety.

 I started with the two inner nails. I had just found a Ciaté velvet nail kit on sale at TJ Maxx and decided to try it out. After applying two coats of Ciaté Cream Soda, I dusted on the light gray flocking powder. I'm in love with the effect! It was so soft and fuzzy, and surprisingly durable.
 For the remaining fingers, I used Milani Shady Gray. It is of course super gritty and awesome, and I think it contrasted really well with the soft and fuzzy nails.

Colors Used:
Ciaté Cream Soda
Milani Texture Shady Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...