Saturday, August 24, 2013

Day 24: Inspired by Art - The Persistence of Memory


So for the Art theme, I contemplated doing something sane like abstract art, which translates spectacularly to nails and always looks amazing. However, I am less than sane apparently, as I tossed that idea out in favor of trying to recreate Salvador Dalí's The Persistence of Memory on my nails.
 I started with a base of Sinful Colors Snow Me White. Once that was dry, I painted roughly 3/4th of each nail brown with Revlon Espresso. The sky was created with diluted Color Club Almost Famous and a touch of Sinful Colors Jolt.
 I then started at my thumb. The box was done with Sinful Colors Anchors Away and touches of Sinful Colors Gogo Girl. Ciaté Cream Soda was used for the tree and silver clock, and additional touches of Almost Famous were added to the gold clock to make it shine. The red clock was done with diluted Gogo Girl. I shaded each clockface with a tiny touch of Sinful Colors Jolt.
I used Nicole by OPI Kim Konfidential and more Revlon Espresso to make the melted face. The far rock was done with more Anchors Away, with shadows added with Revlon Espresso. Eyelashes and clock hands were done in acrylic paint, since I could make those details a little finer.

Colors Used:
Sinful Colors Snow Me White
Revlon Espresso
Color Club Almost Famous
 Sinful Colors Jolt
 Sinful Colors Anchors Away
Sinful Colors Gogo Girl
 Ciaté Cream Soda
 Nicole by OPI Kim Konfidential

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...